Chile Santiago East Mission
October 2009-October 2011

Saturday, September 3, 2011

I took this from outside our window. It was so beautiful this morning!


You are looking good Jayce. I’m really excited for you and for all that you have done. Its almost your turn. Hold on there… (I) remember having very significant temptation just before I left. Promise the Lord that you are His. Everything....not just your mind, not just your might, not just your strength....everything. Heart, Might, Mind, Strength. I have realized that I have been significantly tested in these specific areas of my life. I imagine that when you walk into the MTC, your just a big walking man, but really undefined. Like a rock man. When he walks its really rusty, not able to move his joints very well. When you get to the MTC, you just have a huge chisel that comes and whacks off the huge rock formation on your arm. As the rock starts to crumple, a human arm starts taking form. It hurts, it hurts alot sometimes, but think about a perfect walking man at the end. Big chunks and little chunks will keep being taken off until we become like the Savior. This is only possible through the Atonement. I always like thinking about that. I’m not sure how it started, but it helps me see and gives me motivation when it’s hard. Keep up everything Jayce. Nothing can stop Elder Jayce Tilley. Nothing. Period. Your the best. Keep getting your spiritual food. I gave a talk to the mission this last week about how the spiritual food compares to the physical food. After having skipped one meal, how do we feel? Week, Sick, without energy, just very unstable. That happens after one meal skipped. Even if we eat a few hours late, it starts to happen. I found a quote by Elder Oaks that I really really liked from his talk "Nourishing the Spirit". He said that the affect that physical nutrition has on the body, is the same affect that malnutrition spiritually has on the spirit. When it isn’t fed well, it is susceptible to sickness, weakness, Very very unstable. Keep praying and preparing and exercising faith, humility and love for your family members that are there near you. You won’t have them for much longer. Take advantage. Love you. Love Elder Tilley

No comments: