


April 11 Elder Ostergar is so great. I think of the Andersons a lot when I’m with him. I can’t put my finger on it. Last night he started quoting George Baily from Its a Wonderful Life. That was really funny. Yea, all the zone leaders are together. … Elder Ostergar has been out for 3 months more than me. He goes home in July I think. He is from California. He is the oldest of 5 kids. He is such a good missionary because he does what is in Preach My Gospel. I have been impressed with how humble he is. He doesn’t judge, he just loves and helps. I’ll let you know about the investigators from Chiloe. I don’t know much about them right now though. Thank you for all the prayers of faith. Prayer is work and I’m so glad that you sacrificed to help those people. I think the Venegas family is going to write you about the baptism. They called me to invite me, but we aren’t generally given permission to go.
(Jayce) I love you tons Jayce. You are so awesome. You are going to be such a great missionary because you do what is right. I wish I could zip into the future and see you as a zone leader so I could get some pointers. I’m not joking at all. This has been a rough week; more emotionally than anything. I have a really hard time with disobedience, like I always have. …There are those good times that are really good and there are hard times that are.....even better because of what you learn. … I am doing so well and am learning so much from my companion. Mostly about how to lovingly talk to missionaries.. This last week, I learned that nothing takes the place of the sacred time that we have with our loving Heavenly Father. I thought, "maybe because I’m so busy organizing, talking, thinking....that Heavenly Father would understand if my prayers weren’t as thought out or meaningful". I am grateful to know now, that nothing can take the place for the blessings that come through meaningful prayer. …Its not all fun and games, its straight up work, emotional, physical, spiritual, but neither were Gethsemane or Calvary, like Elder Holland said. I’ll do it for My Savior. I love you Jayce. Have a great week. Love Elder Tilley

No comments:
Post a Comment